Friday, September 29, 2017

Once hunters farewell to the plough. The chase renders them ferocious, gloomy, and unsociable

 
Hide frames can lead to Narnia


"The worst of them are those that have degenerated altogether into the hunting state....our time is divided between labor and rest and leaves no time for the commission of great misdeeds. As hunters it is divided between the toile of the chase, the idleness of repose or the indulgence of inebriation. Hunting is but a licentious, idle life. "  "letters from an American farmer"

So Long story short...I'm back. Cant go into all the details but it involved the Shirttail mess guys burning a copy of Cresswell's journal during the Eclipse, saying my name 3 times and pouring Yeungling on an antique trap. This can lead one through weirdness on the other side of a stretching frame. I would have summoned Cthulu but hey that's me.  Dark, weird stuff.
I've been busy with real life, new job, reading and a lot of woods time. So as a result I'm now trying to replace a lot of my gear and I figured with the latest push to rethink just what the backcountry hunter looked like I'd take the time to write down some info on the gear I'm replacing.
"wake up Killbuck I just had an evil idea.."

So I'll be keeping stuff less esoteric this time, I promise less inside jokes and Random bursts of anger will be kept to a minimum.  I have Said farewell to the plough however...
To get some history in here a random story about a Quaker for Mr. C




AN Angry Quaker from The Itinerarium of Dr. Alexander Hamilton
We were entertained with an elegant dispute between a young Quaker and the boatswain of a privateer, concerning the lawfulness of using arms against an enemy. The Quaker thee'd and thou'd it thro' the nose to perfection, and the privateer's boatswain swore just like the boatswain of a privateer, but they were so far from settling the point that the Quaker had almost acted contrary to his principles, clenching his fist at his antagonist to strike him for bidding God damn him.
awesome read, a lot of small weird details about clothing, habits. Nantucket women are addicted to opium and the men to pocket knives?  Hamilton




Snapdragon
Cohee noise

Traders from Fort Pitt photo by Rob Hunter

Portraying traders accompanying Ohio country delegation to Williamsburg....level up history nerd







No comments:

Post a Comment